Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well, it is mid-morning and Aunt Flow (AF) has not come to visit yet. The nurse called yesterday to let me know my Thyroid and Prolactin tests were normal, and my pregnancy test came back negative (which was a big shock- NOT!) She did say this shot could take up to 2 weeks to work, so I am praying for patience now.
I am so afraid of getting my hopes up too high, so I am always praying to stay grounded through this process.
I read a devotional today that I would like to share, it really spoke to me. Not neccessarily with the fertility part but with life in general.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The right word spoken at the right time is as beautiful as gold apples in a silver bowl." (Proverbs 25:11 ncv).

There are so many ways we can follow Jesus' example and be a servant to others- sometimes simply by doing ordinary work with cheerfulness. A friend's letter reminded me of that fact. She wrote to say her uncle, a Christian, went with his wife to a Hardee's drive and ordered breakfast. The couple ate there often, she said, and the boy who took their order recognized her uncle's voice and said, "Come on up, partner. We're waiting for you."
Just then the uncle grabbed his chest and said to his wife, "I'll see you in heaven!" And he was gone. The woman wrote:
At my uncle's funeral the minister said, "The voice over the speaker may have been the order-taker's, but it was a message straight from Jesus: 'Come on up, partner; we're waiting on you."

If you thought your words would be the last earthly thing someone heard, would it make a difference in what you said, and how you said it?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know why, but I really enjoyed this devotion by Barbara Johnson "Daily Splashes of Joy".

I will sign-off for now but will keep you updated on my progress.

No comments: